1. Minors. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE PROLIFERATE OR ANY OF ITS SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE AT ANY TIME.
2. Information We Collect.
(a) Your Registration Information. To fully use our services, you will need to register using our online registration form, where you will be required to provide us with your contact information and certain other personal information, namely, your name and email address.
(b) Your Usage of Our Site. We automatically track certain information about you based upon your use of our Site. We use this information to conduct internal research on our users' demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand and serve our users. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregate anonymized basis. This information may include the URL that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your IP address, among other things.
(c) Cookies. In addition, we use "cookies" on certain pages of our Site. Cookies are small files that can be used to track a user's steps or automatically generate a user's password. Some features of our Website may only be available through the use of a cookie. Among other things, cookies allow you to enter your password less frequently during a session. Cookies can also help us provide information which is targeted to your interests. Cookies are stored on your hard drive, not on our Site. Most, but not all, cookies are automatically deleted at the end of a session.
(e) Your Posts. If you choose to stream or view content through the platform’s chat rooms and messaging systems, we will collect such information about you as you may choose to disclose pursuant to your activities on the Platform.
(f) Your Correspondence. If you send us emails, letters or other personal correspondence, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Website, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
3. Our Use of Your Information.
(a) Promotional Use. We use personal information about you to enhance our marketing and promotional efforts, and to improve our content and services. We may also use your information to deliver to you advertisements, new services and promotions, and other information to you that is targeted to your interests.
(b) Administrative Notices, etc. We use your email address, your mailing address, and phone number to contact you regarding administrative notices, new product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of the Site. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you may have the ability to opt out of receiving these notices on your account status page.
(c) Dispute Resolution. We use information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Site, to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our User Agreement.
4. Our Disclosure to Third Parties. We use practices that are consistent with standards in our industry to protect your privacy. We cannot, however, promise that your personally identifiable information or private communications will remain private. For example, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications on our Website. We do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party. The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed.
(a) Law Enforcement. We may disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
(b) Advertisers. We disclose aggregate information about our users to advertisers and for other marketing and promotional purposes. However, we do not disclose any personally identifying information to any of these entities.
(c) Platform. Throughout the Site, you are identified by your User ID. Unless you select a unique User ID, our system automatically sets your User ID as your email address. Your User ID can be used to identify you and your activities throughout the Site. Other people can see your activities on the Site, including any of your comments and postings on the Site, and so on.
(d) Third Party Suppliers. We may use third party suppliers to assist us in providing the services available on an outside website. Whenever a third party supplier desires to collect information about you, you will be notified of the involvement of the third party supplier, and you will never be required to disclose any information to the third party supplier. We impose contractual restrictions on the use by our third party suppliers of information concerning you, and we do not permit third party suppliers to sell your information to other third parties.
(e) Use Limited to Site-Related Communications. Because of the nature of the services offered through the Platform, Proliferate allows you to obtain other users' contact information. You may use such information only for Proliferate-related communications. Proliferate-related communication expressly excludes unsolicited commercial messages. Therefore, you must not post, upload, link, or otherwise use the Site in any manner for any commercial purpose or endeavor, including the offering for sale of any products or services, or otherwise engage in any commercial activity on the Site for any purpose, including, but not limited to, conducting raffles or contests, displaying sponsorship banners, soliciting goods or services, soliciting funds, advertisers, or sponsors. In all cases, you must give users an opportunity to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them. In addition, under no circumstances can you disclose personally identifiable information about another user to any third party without our consent and the consent of such other user after adequate disclosure by you to such other user. Note that law enforcement personnel, VeRO program participants, and other rights holders are given different rights with respect to information they access.
(f) No Spam. Proliferate and our users do not tolerate spam. Therefore, without limiting the foregoing, you are not licensed to add a Proliferate user to your mail list (email or physical mail) without their express consent after adequate disclosure.
9. How We Protect Your Personal Information. Proliferate uses all commercially practicable means to protect your personal information from being improperly accessed by third parties at any time, including without limitation, encryption processes in connection with credit card and other financial information. Additionally, to the extent that we do not foresee a continued use of any such information, we will promptly destroy such information without retaining copies for our files.
10. What You Can Do about Your Personal Information. At any time you may submit a written request inquiring about what personal information we have collected about you in order to: (i) edit such information; or (ii) request its deletion. We will timely respond to any such requests and use all commercially practicable efforts to comply with your demands, unless not legally or otherwise permissible. Inquiries and requests can be provided to firstname.lastname@example.org.